About 4 out of every 5 Canadians have experienced Lower Back pain at some point of their lives. It is one of the most common reasons for people missing work and seeking medical treatment. Generally, common causes for lower back pain are a sports injury, sprains, back muscle strains or a minor injury. Wrong posture, lifting heavy things incorrectly can also cause lower back pain. With early identification of the problem and taking action accordingly can help lower the consequences significantly.
It is a little-known fact that Acupuncture is a good technique to deal with lower back pain. Often I receive patients in my clinic suffering from lower back pain looking for methods other than taking pain killers. Based on their medical history and doctor’s recommendation, we offer them acupuncture sessions. Acupuncture is an ancient and traditional Chinese practice which involves inserting hair-like thin needles into the patient’s body on certain points. If done correctly by an experienced person, the patient does not feel any pain in this technique.
According to traditional Chinese medicine, there is a flow of energy, called Qi, in the body of an individual. This energy flows through certain channels called meridians. Whenever there is an obstruction to this flow, symptoms like pain are felt. By inserting, the needle on certain points along the meridians, the imbalance of energy is corrected. This relieves the patient of the pain or other symptoms that he/she is suffering from.
According to studies, acupuncture helps in speeding up the relay of electromagnetic signals. They also help in releasing endorphins which help in releasing pain. Acupuncture is also said to improve the immune system of the body.
Benefits of Acupuncture-
- Provides relief from pain
- Reduces inflammation
- Improves muscle stiffness
- Improves range of motion
- Provides relief from pain such as lower back pain over a long period of time
So if you are suffering from lower back pain and want to get relief from it, please feel free to make an appointment with us and book a session with our experienced acupuncturist. You can call us at 905-232-2202 or can also book an appointment on line here.
- Winter Is Coming: A Guide to Cold Weather Sports Injury Prevention - October 24, 2017
- Hand and Wrist Injuries and Role of Physiotherapy - September 14, 2017
- Runner’s Knee Guide for Patients: Causes, Prevention and Treatment - September 5, 2017
- Lower Back Pain During Pregnancy: Cause and Treatment - September 1, 2017
- Office Ergonomics: Making work more comfortable for your body - August 23, 2017
- How to prevent the 7 most common sports injuries - August 16, 2017
- Whiplash Injury- Complete Guide for Patients - August 8, 2017
- Sitting on a desk most of the day? You must read this article - July 7, 2017
- Sports Injury and Middle Age: Common Issues that Can Slow You Down, But Don’t Have To - May 5, 2017
- Acupuncture for Quitting Smoking: A Proven Path to Freedom - April 27, 2017