About 4 out of every 5 Canadians have experienced Lower Back pain at some point of their lives. It is one of the most common reasons for people missing work and seeing a doctor or a physiotherapist. With early identification of the problem and taking action accordingly can help lower the consequences significantly. Please watch the adjoining video which explains the most common reasons behind Lower Back Pain.
There could be many causes of pain from something as wrong posture; lifting heavy things incorrectly, back muscle or ligament pain or an accident. If treated in time, one can completely recover from it and prevent it from happening in the future. Otherwise, the condition can worsen further and may require a surgery.
How can Physiotherapy help with Lower Back Pain?
A physiotherapist plays a very important role in the management of and recovery from the lower back pain. Physiotherapy not only focuses on pain relief but also prevention of future occurrences of pain and injuries as well as return to full body function.
Early access to physiotherapy helps cut down significantly the health care cost related to back pain. It helps reduce the cost by less amount of medication usage, visits to a physician, use of advanced imaging and lower number of surgical procedures if required.
According to a survey, physiotherapy helps reduce the number of sick day’s compensation for lower back pain by 43.9 days per person over a three year period due to a faster rate of return to work within the first year.
At Squareone Physio, every day we get patients suffering from back pain ranging from mild to acute and chronic pain. In a typical case, we begin by assessment of the pain followed by diagnosis, exercise prescriptions, back pain education and modalities. We help our patients by creating individualised programs focusing on self-management and health maintenance resulting in positive lifelong lifestyle changes.
It is very important to act early in case of back pain. If you are suffering from one, call us at 905-232-2202 and book an appointment with our experienced team of physiotherapists. You can also book an appointment online.
For more information and related articles please join us on our Facebook page.
- Winter Is Coming: A Guide to Cold Weather Sports Injury Prevention - October 24, 2017
- Hand and Wrist Injuries and Role of Physiotherapy - September 14, 2017
- Runner’s Knee Guide for Patients: Causes, Prevention and Treatment - September 5, 2017
- Lower Back Pain During Pregnancy: Cause and Treatment - September 1, 2017
- Office Ergonomics: Making work more comfortable for your body - August 23, 2017
- How to prevent the 7 most common sports injuries - August 16, 2017
- Whiplash Injury- Complete Guide for Patients - August 8, 2017
- Sitting on a desk most of the day? You must read this article - July 7, 2017
- Sports Injury and Middle Age: Common Issues that Can Slow You Down, But Don’t Have To - May 5, 2017
- Acupuncture for Quitting Smoking: A Proven Path to Freedom - April 27, 2017