Decompression Therapy for Your Spinal Pain in Mississauga
Are you suffering from back pain and cannot seem to get any relief?
Book an appointment with our registered massage therapist now and get freedom from pain.
Book an Appointment
HOW WE HELP
Decompression Therapy for Your Spinal Pain
If traditional treatments for back pain such as physiotherapy, massage therapy, chiropractic care, or surgery have not helped, decompression therapy may be the answer you’re looking for. By using a decompression table, therapists can relieve pressure on your discs by precisely targeting the specific areas that are causing pain. First, you are securely and comfortably strapped onto the table by an experienced technician. Then applied force is gradually increased, slowly enough so the tight tissues have time to adjust to their new position. The different protocols and settings allow your therapist to customize the treatment to your individual needs. Because the poundage can be increased or decreased as needed, in minute increments, the patient success rate is maximized.
Patients who choose spinal decompression therapy will see a number of different benefits in addition to relieving pressure on the spine. Because of the decreased pressure, nutrients can be more easily transported to the discs and nerve roots. Joint biomechanics are improved and spasms or tightness in back muscles are decreased. If you suffer from back or neck pain, bulging discs, sciatica, or degenerative disc disease then a combination of decompression therapy and follow-up remedial exercises may help give you the relief you need.
The benefits of decompression therapy are not only limited to relieving pressure on the spine but also:
- Nourishes discs: with less pressure on disc, transportation of nutrients to discs increases, which is a very important part of healing.
- Nourishes nerve roots: less pressure on nerve roots opens up arterial blood supply to nerve roots, which in turn, helps to flush away inflammatory products from the local area (inflammatory products are one of the main reasons for radiation of pain in arms or legs).
- Improve joint bio-mechanics: Improving the bio-mechanics in spinal joints brings more mobility to the spine. This increases your pain-free range of motion, which allows you to do more activities.
- Help reabsorb the herniated/bulged disc material back into its place by creating negative pressure in the disc. This relieves irritation of nerve roots, providing great pain relief and curing the root of the problem.
- Decreases spasms (commonly referred to as tightness) in back muscles which might be very high due to either pathological changes or simply due to heavy and repetitive work activities.
Conditions that respond best with decompression therapy:
- Back and/or Neck pain
- Bulging, prolapsed or herniated discs
- Spinal stenosis
- Spinal arthritis
- Facet Syndrome
- Degenerative Disc Disease
- Pain radiating down the arms/legs
- Pinched Nerves
Remedial exercises prepared and designed by your Physiotherapist followed by decompression therapy helps to sustain results and provide long-term results.
Do not consider yourself alone in curing your back pain! We are here to help you through every step of your recovery. Your journey begins by calling us at 905-232-2202.
Merin DavisRegistered Physiotherapist
Samir ShahRegistered Physiotherapist
Christina TabarezRegistered Massage Therapist
Maribel BenemeritoRegistered Massage Therapist
Thuy TranRegistered Massage Therapist/ Registered Acupuncturist
Sheila ArambuloGeneral Manager
We do more than just physio
Our practitioners dive deep to address and treat the root of the problem to give each patient as complete recovery as possible for long lasting results. Not only are our patients treated for their injuries, but also for injury prevention using exercise, nutritional counselling and advice for healthy-lifestyle practices.