Are you suffering from back pain and cannot seem to get any relief?
If traditional treatments for back pain such as physiotherapy, massage therapy, chiropractic care, or surgery have not helped, decompression therapy may be the answer you’re looking for. By using a decompression table, therapists can relive pressure on your discs by precisely targeting the specific areas that are causing pain. First you are securely and comfortably strapped onto the table by an experienced technician. Then applied force is gradually increased, slowly enough so the tight tissues have time to adjust to their new position. The different protocols and settings allow your therapist to customize the treatment to your individual needs. Because the poundage can be increased or decreased as needed, in minute increments, the patient success rate is maximized.
Patients who choose spinal decompression therapy will see a number of different benefits in addition to relieving pressure on the spine. Because of the decreased pressure, nutrients can be more easily transported to the discs and nerve roots. Joint bio-mechanics are improved and spasms or tightness in back muscles is decreased. If you suffer from back or neck pain, bulging discs, sciatica, or degenerative disc disease then a combination of decompression therapy and follow-up remedial exercises may help give you the relief you need.
Benefits of decompression therapy are not only limited to relieve pressure on spine but also:
- Nourishes discs: with less pressure on disc, transportation of nutrients to discs increases, which is a very important part of healing.
- Nourishes nerve roots: less pressure on nerve roots open up arterial blood supply to nerve roots, which in turn, helps to flush away inflammatory products from local area (inflammatory products are one of the main reasons for radiation of pain in arms or legs).
- Improve joint bio-mechanics: Improving the bio-mechanics in spinal joints brings more mobility to thespine. This increases your pain-free range of motion, which allows you to do more activities.
- Help reabsorb the herniated/bulged disc material back into its place by creating negative pressure in the disc. This relieves irritation of nerve roots, providing great pain relief and curing the root of the problem.
- Decreases spasm (commonly referred as tightness) in back muscles which might be very high due to either pathological changes or simply due to heavy and repetitive work activities.
Conditions that respond best with decompression therapy:
- Back and/or Neck pain
- Bulging, prolapsed or herniated discs
- Spinal stenosis
- Spinal arthritis
- Facet Syndrome
- Degenerative Disc Disease
- Pain radiating down the arms/legs
- Pinched Nerves
Remedial exercises prepared and designed by your Physiotherapist followed by decompression therapy helps to sustain results and provides long term results.
Do not consider yourself alone in curing your back pain! We are here to help you through every step of your recovery. You journey begins by calling us at 905-232-2202.