Lower back pain caused by muscle strain represents one of the most common types of conditions suffered by individuals for different walks of like. This includes people of different ages, with muscle strain lower back pain more common as a person ages or with individuals that engage in athletic, recreational and fitness activities.
The Prognosis of Lower Back Pain Caused by Muscle Strain
Fortunately, in the vast majority of cases, lower back pain that results from muscle strain ultimately resolves on its own accord. With that understood, the resolution can take a more extended period of time in some cases and for some people.
In some instances, lower back pain the originates as a result of muscle strain resolves within a matter of three or four days. However, there are many situations in which a person experiences this type of lower back pain for a month or even longer.
Addressing Muscle Strain Related Lower Back Pain
Historically, a person afflicted with this category of lower back pain oftentimes was told to take medications to address the discomfort. In some cases, this involved over the counter options while in more serious or severe situations, a patient was prescribed a prescription medication.
In this day and age, medical professionals recognize that there exist a variety of other non-pharmaceutical options that are highly effective at addressing lower back pain caused by muscle strain. In addition, an ever increasing number of individuals with this type of situation dislike relying on medications, including when it comes to addressing pain.
Different types of physiotherapy regimens are highly useful in addressing, reducing and even eliminating lower back pain associated with muscle strain. One very basic, and effective, treatment regimen is massage therapy. Chiropractic intervention is also useful in addressing muscle strain related lower back pain. In some cases, a comprehensive physiotherapy regimen is advised that incorporates more than one treatment option.
A person afflicted with this type of lower back pain is able to obtain a more substantial benefit from physiotherapy by seeking treatment promptly after a muscle strain. Taking a prompt and more proactive course of physiotherapy leads to a faster and more complete elimination of lower back pain in most cases.
- Winter Is Coming: A Guide to Cold Weather Sports Injury Prevention - October 24, 2017
- Hand and Wrist Injuries and Role of Physiotherapy - September 14, 2017
- Runner’s Knee Guide for Patients: Causes, Prevention and Treatment - September 5, 2017
- Lower Back Pain During Pregnancy: Cause and Treatment - September 1, 2017
- Office Ergonomics: Making work more comfortable for your body - August 23, 2017
- How to prevent the 7 most common sports injuries - August 16, 2017
- Whiplash Injury- Complete Guide for Patients - August 8, 2017
- Sitting on a desk most of the day? You must read this article - July 7, 2017
- Sports Injury and Middle Age: Common Issues that Can Slow You Down, But Don’t Have To - May 5, 2017
- Acupuncture for Quitting Smoking: A Proven Path to Freedom - April 27, 2017