As anyone who suffers from anxiety attacks knows, these attacks can be debilitating. Symptoms include feelings of losing control or “going crazy,” heart palpitations or chest pain, feeling like you are going to pass out, or trouble breathing with a choking sensation. Knowing how to handle anxiety attacks is the first step towards keeping them under control.
The first step is to stop where you are and take some deep, calming breaths to try to relax. Breathe slowly and deeply in through your nose, and out through your mouth. Imagine yourself in a calm place, such as on the beach or in the woods. Say positive things to yourself such as “I can do this” or “I will do my best.”
To help keep anxiety attacks under control, practice daily exercises such as yoga and meditation. Practice envisioning yourself in a calm and centered state of mind and work on deep breathing. That way it will be easier to do so when you feel yourself becoming anxious in any given circumstance.
At Square One Physio, we also provide Yoga. During Yoga, we introduce you to various exercises and activities you can do to reduce anxiety and depression. If you are going through anxiety, talk to us today.
- Winter Is Coming: A Guide to Cold Weather Sports Injury Prevention - October 24, 2017
- Hand and Wrist Injuries and Role of Physiotherapy - September 14, 2017
- Runner’s Knee Guide for Patients: Causes, Prevention and Treatment - September 5, 2017
- Lower Back Pain During Pregnancy: Cause and Treatment - September 1, 2017
- Office Ergonomics: Making work more comfortable for your body - August 23, 2017
- How to prevent the 7 most common sports injuries - August 16, 2017
- Whiplash Injury- Complete Guide for Patients - August 8, 2017
- Sitting on a desk most of the day? You must read this article - July 7, 2017
- Sports Injury and Middle Age: Common Issues that Can Slow You Down, But Don’t Have To - May 5, 2017
- Acupuncture for Quitting Smoking: A Proven Path to Freedom - April 27, 2017